Combat Gout With These Natural Remedies!
Gout which was once termed as "the disease of the kings", is a form of metabolic arthritis characterized by the sharp pain the victim feels. There are many dangerous myths that surround natural remedies and gout.
There’s nothing really royal about this painful problem.
Gout usually only affects one joint at a time. Joints such as the big toe, knees, wrists, elbows, ankles, etc.
Uric Acid and Gout Attacks
When there are sharp uric acid crystals building up on the joints, your immune system will respond to this ‘foreign threat’ and this will lead to a gout attack.
- The swelling can get so bad that the skin may develop fissures and the chalk like crystals may break out of the skin.
- This is highly painful.
- An acute attack of gout brings extreme discomfort and can potentially ruin all your plans for the day.
One of the United States’ founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin, actually missed quite a few meetings because he suffered from this disease.
When Will Gout
Gout can occur at anytime and anywhere without giving any prior signs and symptoms.
Most people actually opt for natural remedies for gout to quickly remedy the unbearable pain.
One of the fastest remedies that can bring about relief is to soak the affected joint in cold water.
But be careful while doing this because if the water is too cold or if you rub ice over the affected joint it may worsen the situation.
If the water is icy cold, you’ll be helping the uric acid to crystallize even faster.
You can also add active charcoal powder to the water since studies have shown that active charcoal works extremely efficiently in soaking up the uric acid.
Gout Treatment With Cherries
Another good practice will be to eat lots of cherries.
Yes, you read that right!
It doesn’t matter whether the cherries are sour or sweet, just eat lots of them.
The anti-oxidants in cherries help to reduce gout attacks.
Even doctors are suggesting patients with a history of gout should eat cherries as a way of coping with this disease.
The anthocyanins that are found in the cherries will reduce the inflammation associated with gout.
Natural Remedies With Bananas For Gout
Bananas are also a good diet choice for people suffering from gout.
It is one of the wonder fruits that eradicate harmful toxins from our system.
Eating one or two bananas a day will help to keep the gout at bay, especially if you’re prone to gout attacks.
The high potassium content of bananas will liquefy the deposited uric acid crystals, which will eventually get excreted by the kidneys.
Bananas also contain a fair amount of vitamin C which can help in curing inflammation and swelling.
Ginger Remedy For Gout
Consumption of ginger is also useful since ginger has anti-inflammatory properties.
- You might wish to include different types of lemons in your diet to ensure that your body is receiving sufficient amounts of vitamin C.
- One research discovered topical ginger lowered discomfort related to uric acid in gout pain.
- An additional study revealed that in subjects with high degrees of uric acid (hyperuricemia), their product uric acid level was decreased by ginger.
Yet the topics
Drink Plenty of Water
Apart from the natural remedies mentioned above, you must also pay close attention to the amount of water you consume.
Always consume at least eight glasses of water daily. Being well-hydrated will work wonders
Remember, it is important to drink plenty of water when you are dealing with gout.
This is a really simple concept, drinking water will help flush uric acid out of your body that is causing your gout in the first place.
Diet With Your Gout
Pay close attention to your diet too. If you suffer from gout, you should keep a food journal and track of what you eat.
By avoiding purine rich foods such as red meat, seafood, asparagus, livers, etc.
- Do keep in mind that all the remedies mentioned in this article will help in reducing the possibility of future gout attacks.
- Also note that natural remedies can be used together with a doctor’s medication.
- They’re not mutually exclusive.
So, if you are facing an acute attack of gout is always advisable that you see a doctor as soon as possible.